• Home
  • Rugby
  • Ospreys Trio Sign On Beyond Next Season

Ospreys Trio Sign On Beyond Next Season

The Ospreys' furniture looking at home in St Helen's. (Pic: Owen Morgan)

The Ospreys' furniture looking at home in St Helen's. (Pic: Owen Morgan)

Keelan Giles has been backed to deliver more match-winning moments for the Ospreys after the wing was one of three players to sign a new deal to remain at the region. Giles, Max Nagy and Tom Botha have all agreed new contracts that will keep them at the Ospreys after this season.

By Paul Jones

Keelan Giles has been backed to deliver more match-winning moments for the Ospreys after the wing was one of three players to sign a new deal to remain at the region.

Giles, Max Nagy and Tom Botha have all agreed new contracts that will keep them at the Ospreys after this season.

The region have not specified the length of the contracts given.

Fleet-footed wing Giles has scored 32 tries in 85 games to date for his home region and has been on the fringes of the Wales squad during his career. He has scored five tries so far this season.

“Keelan is an important part of our team. We’ve seen him grow here and it’s clear he represents the values and ambition of the Ospreys,” said Ospreys head coach Toby Booth.

“Keeping Keelan is a huge boost for everyone connected with the club. He’s an exciting talent that can often light up a game and we know there’s even more to come from him.”

https://twitter.com/ospreys/status/1742935020250313105?s=20

The 27-year-old Giles was part of the Grand Slam Wales U20 side in 2016 and was called out to New Zealand for the 2016 senior Wales tour.
He sat on the Welsh replacements bench for the game against Japan in the autumn of 2016 but didn’t get on the field.

“Signing this deal was a no-brainer for me. The Ospreys have been a massive part of my career and I’m excited to continue my development here,” said Giles.

South African tight head Botha has already made 113 appearances for the Welsh region and is now on course to extend that number in the future. He joined from the Cheetahs in 2018.

“Tom has been an integral part of our set-up here at the Ospreys. His set piece has been exemplary which is obviously a defining factor of our identity,” added Booth.

“In the tight, you need someone of Tom’s calibre, and his destructive scrummaging ability has been vital for us. We are delighted that he sees his future with us.”

https://twitter.com/ospreys/status/1757844989428596747?s=20

Full-back Nagy, a product of Buckingham RUFC, came through the Ospreys pathway via Swansea University.

Booth said: “Max is a testament to our player development pathway and his athleticism and skill set make him an invaluable member of our team.

“He’s got a very bright future ahead of him, and we’re all excited to see how much further he can take his game.

“With Max committing his future to the club, we continue to strengthen our core of young talent, which is essential for the long-term success of the Ospreys.”

The Ospreys have also brought in three players on short-term loans from the Cheetahs to help them continue their fight for a play-off place in this season’s BKT United Rugby Championship.

They are currently in eighth place.

Centre Evardi Boshoff, back row man Jeandré Rudolph, and Cheetahs captain Victor Sekekete have all joined up, having helped the Cheetahs win the Currie Cup in 2023.

https://twitter.com/ospreys/status/1757472204822823053?s=20

Related News

Wales players were left dejected after another record defeat.  Pic: Alamy

Wales Set More Unwanted Records . . . As France Storm a Broken and Abandoned Capital

It was not as bad as some had feared . . . just the highest number of points conceded by Wales against France, as Graham Thomas reports.

Graham Thomas | Feb 15, 2026
Wales coach Steve Tandy. Pic: Alamy

Back-to-Back Record Defeats for Wales . . . But Steve Tandy Insists It's Progress

Steve Tandy has insisted Wales are edging forward despite another bruising, record-breaking Six Nations setback.

Graham Thomas | Feb 15, 2026
Wales No.10 Carwyn Leggatt-Jones. Pic: Alamy

Deian Gwynne Insists Wales can Turn More Heartbreak into Six Nations Wins

Wales U20s star Deian Gwynne insists his team can recover from their second successive heart-breaking late Six Nations defeat.

Rob Cole | Feb 15, 2026
Evan Minto of Wales U20s. Pic. Alamy

Richard Whiffin Urges Fans to Back the Welsh Team Most Likely to Cause a Shock This Weekend . . . Wales U20s

Richard Whiffin has urged supporters to turn Cardiff Arms Park into a cauldron on Saturday night and back his Wales U20 team to a shock victory.

Paul Jones | Feb 14, 2026
Wales head coach Steve Tandy. Pic. Alamy

Steve Tandy Plans to Bring in New Defence Coach For Wales . . . in the Summer

Wales coach Steve Tandy plans to bring in a new defence coach to plug his leaky defence – but not until the summer.

Graham Thomas | Feb 13, 2026
Nicky Smith gets the first of Wales' four yellow cards. Pic: Alamy

Les Miserables . . . Wales Odds for France are Game for a Laugh

Wales fans are being urged to see the funny side of their team’s current Six Nations woes, with bookmaker DragonBet offering “Les Miserable” specials ahead of Sunday’s clash against France.

David Williams | Feb 13, 2026